ELI Student Bloggers- Fall 2017
Thank you for showing interest in the ELI Student Bloggers!
This group will be geared toward students who enjoy to write or blog and are possibly interested in pursuing a career in media and/or journalism. Members of this group will directly contribute to the ELIfe student blog sponsored by The Extended Learning Institute.
ELI Student Life will produce an editorial calendar that focuses on various topics. Group members will submit content to be included within various designated topics/ themes.
ELI Student Life Specialist will serve as the Advisor for the group and approve submissions to be used. Students will receive byline credit on the blog for their articles. members will be expected to attend virtual monthly meetings.
We hope that by participating in the ELI Student Bloggers Group, you will be able to:
1) Identify different topic areas and themes that would appeal to the NOVA/ELI student population geared toward (but not limited to) overall student support and success in college.
2) Build connections with faculty/staff and students to increase interactions with others outside of the classroom.
3) Develop overall virtual portfolio by further improving their writing skills within a blogging format.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in becoming a member. Once your form is submitted , It will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 3 business days regarding membership details for the Spring 2016 semester.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Major or Degree Program (Ex: A.S. General Studies)
Have you taken an online course through ELI or any other college/university
Yes- Through ELI
Yes- Through another college/university
No- But I am registerd for one during Spring 2016 semester
No- I have not taken an online course
Describe your interest in joining the ELI Student Bloggers:
Will you be able to meet the minimum expectations of this group including:
-Submit a minimum of 2 blog posts for the semester
- Attend at least 1 ELI BLogger virtual meeting via google hangouts or similar web meeting site (Date and time TBA)
Along with the above information, we ask that you also submit a writing sample to highlight your writing skills. The guidelines for this writing sample are as followed:
1) 500 word count max
2) Can be on any topic area that highlights your writing skills.
3) Please refrain from any explicit or inappropriate content.
Please submit your writing sample as an email attachment to email@example.com.
Do Not Fill This Out